Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's a BOY! and...IT's a BOY!!

I woke up this morning with the mindset that today would be a very rushed day.  We had the extensive ultrasound scheduled downtown at 8am, then back to school until the end of the day, tutoring supervision, and Madison's girl scouts.  All of this would have meant I would get home around 8:30pm after leaving the house at 7:30am...exhausting!  However, it turned out completely different...Madison's school called as soon as we left the ultrasound and said someone needed to come pick her up because she had a fever.  Her dad just started his new semester of classes so I took the rest of the afternoon to go pick her up so he didn't have to miss a class already.  So, I've been home with my baby girl since about noon and we have no intentions of leaving the house, which is perfect with the weather/roads being so yucky.
     Anyways...I was really anxious about the ultrasound.  I worry too much sometimes.  Both babies looked great and they didn't even see the tear in the placenta anymore-yay!  The only negative part of the ultrasound was learning that it REALLY isn't a great idea to lay flat on your back for any period of time when your pretty far into pregnancy...or pregnant with more than one and get extra heavy early on.  After 20 minutes or so of laying there while the tech tried to tame Lucas to get accurate measurements, I started feeling dizzy and asked her if I could sit up for a minute.  The second I sat up the lights went out...not literally, but my eyes blacked out and I was sweating like crazy and felt like I was in an echo chamber when I talked.  Apparently the books don't lie when they say that the babies can cut off the blood flow to your brain if you lay on your back too long...good to know.  I'm pretty sure Keith thought I was going to vomit and pass out as he handed me ice water from 10 feet away.  lol jk We did the rest of the ultrasound in 5-10 minute spurts propped up on an extra pillow.  I felt kind of ridiculous, but I'm certain that I would have fallen flat on my face if I had stayed flat any longer.  Luckily, the tech was VERY friendly and insisted that I didn't play tough and not let her know if I was feeling dizzy. 
   The results: Both baby boys are 9 oz and all body parts are presented and functioning.  Lucas (baby a) moved the entire time and seemed to enjoy kicking Andrew (baby b) as often as possible.  Andrew was fairly calm until late in the ultrasound.  Keith insists that Lucas is mine (a morning person) and Andrew is his (insists on sleeping as long as possible).  Lucas also spent a good deal of time opening and closing his mouth....when they ultrasound tech pointed this out, Keith didn't say anything, but his look said it all.  Yes, I know, I talk a lot so he MUST be my child.  Now that we know the sex of both babies...let the shopping begin!  (Now if only I had the energy to do it!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment